We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metrocard ??

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Metrocard ??

Hi,

I wonder if theres any metro/train card for 5 days in tokyo, or do we have to pay single-ticket everytime ??

We probably are going to use metro at least 4 times a day.

Planing to stay in Ayase in Asakusa, and then go one-way to Kyoto/Osake before leaving to Seoul.

www.tokyo-subway.net/english/index.html

Thanks in advance

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Metrocard ??

tokyometro.jp/en/…index.html

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,787 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metrocard ??

For your one way trip to Kyoto/Osaka, the e-voucher is a good value - www.japanican.com/tours/list.aspx…

I think you are confusing the word "Metro" with all of the subway lines in Tokyo. Tokyo Metro one of several subway lines/companies in Tokyo. - It does not cover all subway lines in Tokyo. Multi-day subway passes in Tokyo are not a good value.

Suica is a stored value card valid on all subway lines in Tokyo. http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html

If you plan to arrive at Narita - www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html is a good value.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,148 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metrocard ??

Actually, the 2 day Metro pass for 980 yen is a good deal. It'll surely pay off. Just know which lines are operated by the Metro. Of course you'll need pay for a ticket or use the Suica when you take the non-Metro lines. Here is a map:

tokyometro.jp/en/…routemap_en.pdf

Metro lines are listed on the right column.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,407 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metrocard ??

The 2-day 980 Yen version is only available at Narita or Haneda Airport. Once you leave the airport, you cannot get the same deal.

If you are staying at Asakusa, it might make sense savings-wise to go with Skyliner + Tokyo Metro package. You can get a 2-day Tokyo Metro Pass for essentially nothing.

keisei.co.jp/keisei/…skyliner_metro.pdf

Do understand (as mentioned above) that you can only ride Tokyo Metro lines using the Metro Pass. You will still need to purchase tickets or get a Suica or Pasmo for non-Tokyo Metro journeys.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Metrocard ??

I will arrive in Narita.

So it seems the best, is to buy the Suica & N'EX (one-way) for 3500 Yen.

It will get me out of the airport, and then cover ALL the metro/subway/bus.

Am I correct ??

Thanks for all the answers

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,407 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Metrocard ??

That is actually not correct for what you want. Suica is not a pass. It is a pre-paid stored value card. As long as you have money remaining on the card, you will be able to ride trains and subways (forget buses as most visitors don't use them within Tokyo). It offers no discount though.

Based on your hotel location, Skyliner + Metro is the better deal in my opinion. While Skyliner itself costs more than Suica-NEX, Skyliner + Metro gives you enough discount back. Also, taking Skyliner will let you get to your hotel quicker vs NEX.

>>(Suica-NEX) l get me out of the airport, and then cover ALL the metro/subway/bus.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Metrocard ??

Skyliner + Metro is only for 2 days, then i've to pay 2980 yen for 2 days, and buy another one + 1 day for 2600, total 8560 Yen for my 5 days in Tokyo.

Am I correct ??

Ok,If I change place to stay, lets say Shibuya or Shinjuku,

will it make any differents ??

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Metrocard ??

Skyliner is the name of express train that connects NRT Airport to central Tokyo.

Skyliner & Metro pass (2980yen) + 2 day open ticket (980yen) + 1 day ticket (600yen)

tokyometro.jp/en/…index.html

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Metrocard ??

NEX is the name of another Express train that connects N to T.

Suica consists of 1500yen value and 500yen refundable deposite. You can ride roughly 7 times in central Tokyo with the 1500yen value. If you want to ride more, you can top up the value with cash at the machine at the train station.

m.youtube.com/#/watch…

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Metrocard ??

Ok, the metro-pass cover the Tokyo Metro lines, but not the Toei lines, right ??

How often do we need to take Toies line ??

I want to get to all the main attractions.

Thanks so much for the help