We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cherry blossom 2013?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
cherry blossom 2013?

I'm thinking of visiting Tokyo in mid-April 2013 for a week. Will the cherry blossom be in full bloom then?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

i had the exact same question myself! i already booked our flights since the dates are not flexible. we will be there 3/30-4/12. hopefully we catch some.

@toothtxt are you still planning to go?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

I am still going but I'm on the Bad Dreamliner 787, which is now grounded with battery fire, fuel leaks, cracked fuselage, etc. If the planes are still grounded by then, I may just cancel the whole thing to get my money back, and detour Cancun and Aruba instead.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

I'm sure they'll fix the glitches by cherry blossom time so you can have a dream vacation.

Meanwhile, the weather people have predicted that the "pollen sneezing season" will be 5 times worse than last year. Mid-February to May. The unseasonal HOT summer last year is the culprit. If anyone has allergies, it'll be a nightmare!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

hi toothxt, one of the first cherry blossom forecasts for 2013 was released today:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011.html

best viewing in tokyo is estimated 4/1-4/10, with flower opening 3/25.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

@Shibuyyako, I will be in Tokyo 22-Apr, is there still chance to see cherry blossom in Shinjuku Gyoen? My friend in Japan said that the cherry blooms 11 days earlier this year.. If not, I plan to travel to Sendai ~ that will cost me some more..

Appreciate your reply, thanks.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011.html

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

@Dave148 thank you for the link! :)

18. Re: cherry blossom 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2014