We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo Stag Do

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Tokyo Stag Do

I need to organise a stag day in Tokyo. Any ideas on fun activities that could be undertaken? Has anyone ever organised one there. As I will be travelling there from the US it is important that I can 'remotely' organise things.

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
3,819 reviews
from $142.69*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
819 reviews
from $66.28*
Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from...
271 reviews
from $298.27*
Mt Fuji Day Trip including Lake Ashi...
881 reviews
from $115.07*
New York
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo Stag Do

Duckstar,

What is a stag day? I’m a Japanese woman, and am not familiar with a stag day. Is it something like a bachelor party in the US??

If so, it’s not common to have a stag day/bachelor party in Japan. I don’t know how many people will join it, but having a Karaoke party in Japan is very popular and recommended.

If not, please teach me what it is. :-)

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo Stag Do

Thank you Edoko.

Yes, it is bachlor party - it is essentially a party which the groom has with his friends prior to getting married. It used to be only at night, but now is something which can include fun things for the entire day.

Karaoke sounds like a fun thing to do for it, are there any particular places you would recommend where one can go? Particularly if it is a group of locals and foreigners.

Thank you ever so much for your reply.

New York
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo Stag Do

Hi Duckstar,

>>> It used to be only at night, but now is something which can include fun things for the entire day. <<<

Wow, you guys can party for the entire day in England?!? That sounds a lot of fun! A bachelor party in the US is usually for a night. I mentioned Karaoke because I thought the party is just for a couple of hours. If you are planning to do something for the entire day, having just Karaoke may not be enough. (LOL!)

>>> Karaoke sounds like a fun thing to do for it, are there any particular places you would recommend where one can go? Particularly if it is a group of locals and foreigners. <<<

There are many Karaoke boxes and Karaoke bars in Tokyo. I think finding a place heavily depends on how many people are in your group and how much money you’d like to spend. If it’s a small group, you may want to go to a Karaoke box where they have many smaller rooms available for a couple of hours. If it’s a large group, you may want to reserve a whole Karaoke bar.

If you don’t speak Japanese, can you ask some locals who can speak Japanese to help you in order to make an arrangement? I think most managers (or employees) of Karaoke boxes/bars can’t speak good English. Also, you may have to leave some deposit if you have a large group of people.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokyo Stag Do

There are plenty of things to do, however, none of them are appropriate to discuss on this board. The typical activities in the west that you are thinking about are not done in Japan. Those types of activities are done alone or in small groups.

Think, "Kabukicho" and you'll find all sorts of "fun" things to do. I can't get into any more details than that, sorry. The problem in Japan is that the adult sub-culture is almost all closed off to foreigners. But, you'll have no problems finding good taverns, pubs and bars in Kabukicho.