We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

Hi,

We just bought the air tickets from delta airlines and will fly from Singapore to Narita and vice versa next March. Then we found a lot of negative reviews on delta airlines. As we will travel with our 2.5 years old son, we are a bit concerned. Did anyone fly this route recently with them? Can share your experience? Any opinion will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,325 Reviews
from $141.30*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
951 Reviews
from $65.60*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,776 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

You might want to post your question here - http://www.flyertalk.com/

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
2. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

You might want to ask here, too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

My friend's a flight attendant on Delta. Were the reviews you read domestic (US) or international? Many airlines get bad reviews domestically, but are quite nice internationally. It often depends on where the flight crew is based out of.

Good luck.

Edited: 3:01 am, September 24, 2010
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

I have flown several American airlines to the States and then continued on domestically, and the difference between the two is amazing. Service on international flights is far better than domestic. The planes are much cleaner too.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

I believe this is the former Northwest route. They were nickname "North Worst" for a reason.

In any case, it's just 6 hours to SIN and the seat pitch is about the same as SQ. Even the SQ 747s are getting pretty ratty this days, but the A380 is lux.

tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

Delta is like any other American airline, you'll get enough service where you will be ok and not die. Flying economy (coach) is well...flying economy. I usually don't expect world class service when flying "in the back of the bus".

Now the inland Asia routes tend to be a little better in that I think they have more Asia based crews working those routes, but I'm not 100% sure.

You'll get from point A to B safely though, it's not that bad, but don't expect 1st class service.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,352 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

>>>>Delta is like any other American airline, you'll get enough service where you will be ok and not die.<<<

LOL! That's how I felt when I used to fly American airlines. I have not flown anything but JAL and SQ (mostly SQ) for the last 10 years.

Why fly Delta when SQ flies the same route? I fly SQ 11 and 12 very often and have no complains.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

I flew on Northwest a couple of years ago to Narita. If I was a terrorist, I would not need to carry a weapon onboard, their muffins and ciabatta were sufficiently hard enough to break through anyone's head.

tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

Price wise to Japan, US based airlines tend to have cheaper prices then Asian based airlines. Depends on the routes, times etc.

Again, it's that "THAT BAD", but its "NOT THAT GREAT" either. It's economy, get a seat, some food, save money, fly the route and enjoy the rest of the trip is how I live through flying Delta.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
102 reviews
9. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

SQ runs great price campaigns from LAX to NRT on their 747 service. It is on occasion the cheapest tickets. Like I said above, the SQ 747s are getting a little ratty. 777 and A380 much better.

10. Re: Did anyone fly Delta Airlines Singapore - Narita recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2011