We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

Vancouver
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

Q1:Can we use N'EX ticket from Tokyo to Narita Airport? Instead from airport to Tokyo.

We will be arrive at Narita airport 3:00 pm, planning to take Keisei Limtied Express train to Nippori then transfer to Eibsu.

Q2: SUICA card (¥2000) - is good for us to use? We have 3 full days, will go Fish Market, Senso Ji Temple, Shinjuku, Gina, Harajuku, Akihara, Ueno

Thanks

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

The SUICA & NEX special package is only sold FROM Narita Airport.

Why not just ride the Narita Express to Tokyo/Shinagawa Stations with the Suica & NEX Package and then take the Keisei Line back to Narita Airport?

Otherwise you have to pay full price for a Narita Express ticket back to Narita Airport.

Suica card cost 2000yen but has 1500 yen worth of credit, 500yen is kept as a deposit and is returned if you return the card to JR at the end of your trip.

Technically speaking the "purpose" of the Suica and NEX is so people ride it from the airport, get a "taste" of the Narita Express (NEX) so they pay full price going BACK to Narita. But of course you don't have to, thats why I suggest you ride from Narita Airport using Suica & NEX then taking the cheap option (Keisei Limited Express) back to Narita.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

Tokyosubway, thanks for your quick reply. The reason we take Keisei Limited Express to Tokyo because it runs 3 times an hour, and just do one transfer to Ebisu. For the places we will visit, will we max the use of ¥1500 SUICA card? Or, better to pay as we go? Thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,134 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

If you use individual tickets, you have to figure out how much the ride is, or use the fare adjustment machine when you exit. Each trip within the city averages about 200Yen. Decide if you can spend 2000 for your visits to the various sights.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,629 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

Suica can also be used in some stores and vending machines.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,987 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

The best thing for you to do is to buy the Suica/Nex combo when you arrive. The Suica is extremely convenient--you never have to buy individual tickets. If the balance gets low, you can top it off.

On the way back take the Keisei Ltd, Express if you want to save a few $, but it's a commuter train without room for your luggage and seats are not comfortable. The Skyliner is much better.

The Suica can be used as cash at many places. How to use Suica, see:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,788 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

If you board Keisei Limited Express from Keisei Ueno, I imagine you should be able to get seats since that is where the train starts. By the time the train gets to Nippori, I'm not so sure.

Suica-NEX is a great deal. You can get all the way to Ebisu for 1,500 Yen if you transfer at Tokyo or Shinagawa. Of course, you may still elect to take Keisei Limited Express and transfer at Nippori. I would look at the train schedule and see which train comes first.

Manila
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

In case I decided to take the train from Sinjuku to UENO then and Kensei Skyliner to Nairta is it early enough for my 930am flight?

I'm more inclided for NEX right now since I have an early flight.

My other question is the transfer at UENO luggage, is it easy to transfer from the train to the Skyliner with luggage?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,788 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

If you are taking Skyliner, you should transfer at Nippori instead. Skyliner seats are reserved so you are guaranteed a seat. The transfer at Nippori is much easier (about a 1 minute walk up and down the platforms with escalators). Transferring at Ueno actually requires you to walk cross the street outside between JR Ueno and Keiseiueno stations.

Trains schedules for your reference can be found at:

http://www.hyperdia.com

Manila
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

Thanks, but the iste is in japanese, and i can't find the english liknk the site is referring to

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suica & NEX- Use NEX ticket to Narita

English is in the upper left where it says [english]

But as mentioned if you need to use Keisei back to Narita Airport, change at Nippori station not ueno.