We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Monterey Sanno@ Omori

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Monterey Sanno@ Omori

I'm in Tokyo in February to attend a convention at Big Sight (2 days) and then visit a few campuses (3 days). The Hotel Monterey Sanno seems to offer a reasonable rate on the Southeastern side of Tokyo. Has anyone stayed here before and can you comment on the internet connection and proximity to Shinagawa/Omori stations?

I've heard that the hotel is also co-located with the Konami sports club which is great as I would like to get some exercise in for sanity's sake!

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Monterey Sanno@ Omori

I've not stayed there before. In reading reviews on Japanese traveling sites, however, there is no internet access available in the room. (Many complained about it...) The hotel has only 1 coin-operated PC in the lobby.

The hotel is very close to JR Omori station (1 min) but if internect connections is a must for you, it would be better to find a different hotel. Aside from Big Sight, which part of Tokyo are you planning to visit?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Monterey Sanno@ Omori

Thanks JL Lady.

Nothing's confirmed yet, but tentatively Tokyo Institute of Technology, Waseda University, Tokyo University (Honggo and Kashiwa campuses). I'll just be travelling a lot on subway and JR.

My major problem is finding a moderately priced hotel (under US$200 a night) with decent broad-band connection and a gym or at least fitness center (one close by would be OK if the hotel doesn't have one). I stayed in Shinjuku last time, but it seems a little far from Big Sight.

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Monterey Sanno@ Omori

Shinjuku is not so bad as a base for Big Sight as JR Saikyo line directly connects Shinjuku and Kokusai-Tenjijo station (30 min, 480 yen). If you know the area well, you may consider staying at a hotel near South Exit (which is close to the platform of Saikyo line).

Century Southern Tower has a high-speed internet connection and a small fitness corner for guests.

www.southerntower.co.jp/english/index.html

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Monterey Sanno@ Omori

Which campus of Tokyo Institute of Technology? The one at Ookayama Station? A friend of mine was a visiting professor there a few years ago. As I recall, it's a bit inconvenient to get to. That said, I wouldn't put much weight in getting a convenient location to there compared to Tokyo University and Waseda University.