We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electricity plugs same with europe ?

ISTANBUL
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
electricity plugs same with europe ?

I wonder if the plugs and voltage system are the same with the ones we use in Europe and america ?

or tottaly a different system ?

can we charge our batteries easily ? or do we need an adopter or a simple jack ?

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,227 Reviews
from $142.90*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
111 Reviews
from $55.30*
$73.70
Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: electricity plugs same with europe ?

Japan is 100V AC, 50 Hz in Kanto, 60 Hz in Kansai. The plugs are dual parallel blades.

Mentioned in this post
Kanto
Kanto
Japan
Durham
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: electricity plugs same with europe ?

The plug adapter I used in Japan was designed for "USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, parts of South America, many Caribbean islands and the Far East"

It worked but the pins seemed very slightly too close together for the Japanese sockets. It did go in though. Maybe it was just something to to with the design because it allowed the pins to rotate slightly to form a kind of separated 'V' shape for Australia & NZ sockets.

You'll be able to see on the label of your equipment what voltage range it accepts. My laptop was fine but I had to buy a worldwide voltage AA battery charger for my camera batteries.

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,476 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: electricity plugs same with europe ?

Usually, your digital devices (digital camera, laptops) should be able to accept anything from 100V to 240V but you can read the label of the adapter to be sure. You will likely need converter plugs though. The U.S. plugs should work just fine.

4. Re: electricity plugs same with europe ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 06, 2009