We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sushi Wifi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Sushi Wifi

Hello all,

Has anyone here had any experience with Sushi Wi-Fi? https://sushi-wifi.com/

I know there are many topics on these forums about pocket wifi's but I am specifically seeking anyone who has used these ones.

Thanks in advance.

67 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
3 posts
1 review
1. Re: Sushi Wifi

I used it the last time I was in Tokyo and it worked really well. They do shipping to the airports and hotels in tokyo too but those are addons. In general though it had good value.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2. Re: Sushi Wifi

Thank you very much 😊

2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Sushi Wifi

With so many unlimited pocket wifis not actually being unlimited, I was relieved to find a pocket

wifi which was. Also the great reception anywhere in Japan and fast speeds helped me travel

around Japan a lot easier than if I didn’t have it. Highly recommend this product!

Mexico City, Mexico
1 post
4. Re: Sushi Wifi

Hello. Did you use sushi wifi in the end? Did you have a good experience?

2 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Sushi Wifi

I used it before, it was very good. Radio waves are nice and it is cheaper than anything. Other pocket WI-FI is expensive. I would recommend it.

Edited: 6:06 am, October 22, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
478 posts
1 review
6. Re: Sushi Wifi

As a matter of interest, why don't people just pick up a prepaid local SIM with data in Japan & use their phone as a hot spot? How is pocket wifi better?

7. Re: Sushi Wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:57 pm, November 26, 2018

1 post
1 review
8. Re: Sushi Wifi

Great service. I ordered my hub online the day I flew. Picked it up at the airport (Narita). Easy instructions, high-speed wifi, battery pack all provided. We had a reply paid envelope to deposit at the post office in the departures area near the checkin. Reasonable price.

Could not have been easier- highly recommend

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
9. Re: Sushi Wifi

I used it the whole of last week whilst traveling in Japan and it worked perfectly fine. It is easy to use, and they have a great customer service who reacted immediately when I accidentally received my bill twice. They also seem to be the cheapest and quite clear for non-Japanese speaking people which is why I chose them in the first place, but I'd definitely use this service again!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: Sushi Wifi

Hi. Did you use the pay as you go, or the unlimited?

Reply to: Sushi Wifi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted