We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

AMRITSAR
Level Contributor
52 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

As I will be buying return tickets for Nex train from Airport to Shinjuku and Return and my tickets will be with a reserved seats . How I will locate my seats while getting into the train ? Is it just one coach in the train or more coaches ? Kindly help in advising me .

RANVIR MEHRA

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,314 Reviews
from $141.10*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
947 Reviews
from $65.60*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
12 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,268 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

NEX is all reserved seating. Your ticket will have the assigned coach number and seat information on it.

Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

Even if you don't understand Japanese characters it shouldn't be too difficult. The ticket vendor will point out which car and seat is assigned to you. Once on the platform look for the sign on the floor indicating the car number, then inside the train look for your row (a number) and seat (a letter), in case of doubt don't hesitate to ask the attendant who will be glad to help you.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

…photozou.jp/pub/…156967326_624.jpg

an example, Narita Express 32, carriage 7, Row 4, seat D

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,908 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

It's no more difficult finding your seat on that train that finding your seat on a plane.

The coaches are all numbered and the seats in each coach are clearly identified.

Japan
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

The N'Ex is a 12 car train from Narita airport. The boarding locations are clearly marked as well as number on of the cars on the train. Your ticket will have many details including car number, row number and seat letter.

Level Contributor
236 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8--jxi6XCZw

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,908 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

PS-although the ticket in Post 3 is the standard ticket and is in Japanese, if you go to buy one and they see you are English speaking, you likely will get ticket written in English, like the one on this page.

Very easy to understand

railtourguide.com/2014/…

Edited: 9:02 am, December 05, 2017
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,706 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

A conductor comes around to check your tickets anyway. The staff will ensure that you aren't sitting in the wrong car.

Japan
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

>>>A conductor comes around to check your tickets anyway. The staff will ensure that you aren't sitting in the wrong car.<<<

Actually, now they only check if you are in a seat that is marked as vacant - I get that because I sometimes use the non-reserved seat option. Otherwise (in my recent experience) they don't bother.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,055 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku

That's my experience in recent years too. They don't check your ticket unless you're sitting in a wrong seat or one that is marked vacant. But in any case, finding the right carriage and seat is simple.

Reply to: Nex Tickets from Airport to Shinjuku
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted