We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Topic
Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Hi ,I will be staying in Nakano Ku , Tokyo from 18-26 December . May I know are these routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass? Here's my itinerary for the 3 days usage .

~ Day 1 ; departs from Nakano st (JR Chuo Line ) to Shinjuku st (JR Shonan Line) to Kamakura and Yokohama

~ Day 2: departs from Nakano st (JR Chuo Line) to Tokyo St (Shinkansen Max Tanigawa 403) to Echigo Yuzawa.

~ Dat 3: departs from Nakano st (JR Chuo Line) to Tachikawa (Ltd Exp Azusa 7) to Otsuki (Fujikyu Railway Line)

Your kind advise and comments is highly appreciated.

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,313 Reviews
from $141.30*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
946 Reviews
from $65.70*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
12 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
966 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Do check here : https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/

Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

All yes. And you can even use it to Kawaguchi-ko on Fujikyu Lines.

Edited: 5:11 am, August 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Great! Thank you so much to both of you ElbertPoh and HiroSKMT

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Hi Good Morning,

I am considering using the Jr Tokyo Wide Pass to Hakone instead of Lake Kawaguchiko. I read that the rapid train / Super view Odoriko from Shinjuku will brings us to Odawara stn.

My questions : From Odawara stn we purchase the Hakone Free Pass , Can we immediately board any of the transportation that are covered by the free pass or We still have to buy bus / taxi to another place to board? Or would it be better if we to buy from Odakyu Sightseeing Service Shinjuku board the round trip bus (shinjuku to Hakone and vice versa) to Hakone Yumoto stn ? Bringing a group of 13ppl around and getting lost will be a big issue. Thank you all in advance!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,677 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Odoriko does not stop at Shinjuku station. You need to go to Tokyo or Shinagawa.

The Hakone Free Pass Odawara version is available for sale at Odawara. Once you purchase the pass, you can of course use it immediately from Odawara to use Odakyu trains and buses (except the Romance Car which requires a supplemental fare).

Finally, be sure you are visiting somewhere else covered by the Tokyo Wide Pass in addition to Hakone. If you are just planning a Hakone trip from Tokyo, get the Hakone Free Pass Shinjuku version instead.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Thank you so much , SammyF1oyd.

May I know which trains that leaves from Shinjuku stn to Odawara stn? Since we are staying in Nakano Ku.

Besides Hakone (day 1), we are planning a day trip to Gala Yuzawa (day 2) and Yokohama or Kamakura (day 3) . In your opinion which is more convenience in terms of transport modes in Yokohama or Kamakura ? Or any other suggestions are welcome.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,048 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

The Tokyo Wide Pass pays off nicely with trips to Gala Yuzawa and Tokyo to Odawara. You may combine Kamakura and Yokohama into a day trip. Another good option is Nikko--you can even take the Shinkansen part way with the pass.

From Nakano to Odawara, the best way is to take the Chuo Line to Tokyo Station and take the Wide View Odoriko. There are trains from Shinjuku to Odawara but they take nearly 2 hours.

There is one Odoriko train from Shinjuku to Shimoda ( 2 trains on weekends) but it doesn't stop at Odawara.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Hi Shibuyakko ,

Thanks for the useful information and recommendation

Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

Need help. How to use Tokyo Wide Pass for my itinerary?

Day 1 - Narita to Shinjuku

Day 2 - Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko

Day 3 - Kawaguchiko to Hakone to Shinjuku

Can I buy Fuji Hakone Pass at Kawaguchiko?

Do I buy Romancecar for return to Shinjuku?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,048 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass

The Tokyo Wide Pass is not the best pass for your itinerary as it does not cover anything within Kawaguchiko-Hakone area. Just buy the Fuji Hakone Pass at Shinjuku Sightseeing Center and use it for Day 2+3:

odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/fujihakone/

This pass is available only at Shinjuku and Odawara.

Romance Car which costs +890yen or not is entirely up to you.

For NRT to Tokyo, buy the Round Trip NEX Ticket, if you're going back to NRT within 14 days:

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_round.html

Reply to: Are These Routes covered by JR Tokyo Wide Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted