We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Nikko then Yokahama

Which Nikko hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Nikko then Yokahama

Hi. I have been to Tokyo before so saw most of the sites but friends with me have not.

I want to go to Nikko. I'm told it's better to go from Narita airport direct to Nikko (stay 1-2 nights).

Then I need to get to Yokahama (for 2-3 nights) where I can travel into Tokyo. We are getting a cruise from there which is why I think it's easier to stay there.

Or is it easier to just stay in Yokahama for the 4-5nights and go to Nikko from there for the day?

Does that sound alright? Also if we stay at a hotel near the peir (Hotel Monterey for example) is it easy to gfet a train into say Shibuku?

thank you.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1 post
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Nikko then Yokahama

maybe you should stay in kamakura instead of yokahama as I was told it is worthwhile and you can commute easily into Tokyo and it looks like a hop, skip and jump to the ship

2. Re: Airport to Nikko then Yokahama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Nikko