We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autumn Foliage

2 posts
Save Topic
Autumn Foliage

Plan to visit Japan between 13 Oct - 31 Oct for the autumn

foliage. Any advise please on where to go for the colour

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Autumn Foliage

If you can read some basic Japanese, then these sites are great. They provide an update of foliage colors in all of Japan. They also tell you which locations are also onsen destinations.

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Autumn Foliage

is there a website address i can go to so i can see the fall foliage map?

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Autumn Foliage

This may help a wee bit:

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Autumn Foliage

I'm going to be in Kyoto from 11/22-11/25 and we are still trying to decide where to go 11/25-11/27 that's close by to Tokyo. We were thinking of Kobe, Osaka, or Nara. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Also, we will be heading to Tokyo afterwards and we are thinking of going away the weekend of 12/1-12/2 for a overnight trip to Nikko, but I just read from this post that there will be no fall foliage. Will it still be worth it to go or should we think of going to Hakone or Kamakura instead? I read from another post that a trip to Japan without going to Nikko would not be as satisfying a trip.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Level Contributor
1,192 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Autumn Foliage

Here's what I use to translate (most) Japanese websites.

Go to http://www.google.com/translate_buttons.

Right click on "Japanese to English".

Open any sight in Japanese, and go to your Internet favorites.

When you click Japanese to English from there, it translates all the Japanese it recognizes. Not perfect, but it helps!

16. Re: Autumn Foliage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 11, 2009