We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

Hello,

I'll be in Tokyo, and I'd like to visit Yokohama as a day trip. What are the must-see sights there? I would like to maximize the amount of things to see there, and I don't mind hanging around there in the evening (as long as there's a train back to Tokyo in the night). In addition, I'd like to see the must-see sights there, but I don't want to see things that take many hours to see, like a big museum, aquarium, etc. Also, any off-beat things to see would be cool too. Finally, what kinds of food or food spots are there to go there? Your input is appreciated. Thanks.

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
825 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

Yamashita Park, Chinatown (check out the really fancy temples there) where you can also get some decent food of course, admire the Victorian architecture of Kannai, climb up the hill to the Yamate area and visit the old foreigner homes, peek in at the Foreigners' Cemetery, stroll Motomachi for the latest trends, go up Landmark Tower, visit the Hikawa-maru and other old ships open to the public, admire the Sogo Clock as it strikes the hours and dolls play It's A Small World, visit the Sankei-en Garden....

No shortage of things to do at all. Plenty of trains too.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,949 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

Take a look at - http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2156.html - for ideas.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

You might also consider visiting Kamakura and Enoshima, which are not far away from Yokohama.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,242 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

A good day trip starts at Kamakura and Enoshima as Yobeekool suggested. On the way back, go to Yokohama. Yokohama doesn't actually offer that many worthy sights so perhaps a walk through the city starting in the late afternoon plus a dinner, plus a little more exploring afterward should be fine.

Trains run between Yokohama and Tokyo until around midnight. Plan your visit using Hyperdia:

http://www.hyperdia.com

5. Re: What to Do/See in Yokohama in One Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 20, 2013