We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Hakone

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Hakone

Hi all I have booked a hotel in Gora for 2 days and i have decided to buy the Hakone Free Pass for 3 days. How should I arrange my intinerary? Places i want to go:

-Open Air Museum

-Glass Museum

-Owadakuni (volcano and their black eggs)

-Little Prince Museum

-Pirate Ship

-Walk from Hakone-machi to Moto-Hakone (visit the shrine and stuff)

-Gotemba Outlets (if possible)

(Basically the whole round course but I'm not sure if i should be following the 'order' of the Round Course since i want to drop off my luggage and stuff in the hotel first)

I will be coming from Shinjuku with the Romance Car and expect to arrive ay the hotel and finish lunch in downtown Gora by...2pm.

Though I want to visit mt. fuji too, im staying in gora for 2 nights so im not too sure if i can the schedule would be too rush and mostly spend on rides :-/

Any help on my intinerary would be great. Thanks in advance!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Hakone

About climbing Mt Fuji, I don't think you could do it and be back to Gora in just one day, so I would leave that part out. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html

If you mean viewing Mt Fuji rather than climbing it, in clear days you can get a good view of it from parts of the Hakone region (for example lake Ashi http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5201.html).

As for your luggage, there is a convenient baggage service in Hakone, so you can just forward your luggage to your hotel when you arrive at Hakone-Yumoto station for 700 yen, and then continue to do the round course without having to carry your luggage around. hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/english/pdf/carry.pdf

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Hakone

Thanks...so i guess i will drop the mt. fuji thing.

But is visiting Gotemba Outlets still viable? When should I go there? Maybe...at the morning of the 3rd day, then get back to hakone-yumoto in the afternoon and catch the romance car back to shinjuku?

And still, I'm not too sure how my itinerary should be arranged...just go for the whole full course?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,551 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Hakone

When you have time to go to Gotemba depends a lot on your own travel speed. You can control your own schedule based on how much time you spend at each attraction, particularly the museums. Some people like to travel in a more relaxed way while others just want to get through the sights. There is no right or wrong. Many people can complete the standard Hakone Loop for one day so it is very possible that you can get to Gotemba sometime in the second day.

Also, while it makes sense to take the Romance Car to Hakone from Shinjuku, it doesn't make as much sense to pay the supplemental charge on the way back if you are coming back in the dark. There will be nothing interesting to see outside.

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Hakone

so i should just follow the classic round trip order? Because i really want to drop off my stuff in the hotel first.

And are there signs in the vehicles showing where should i get off to view the destinations i want? Or is there a downlodable model trip for hakone...

sorry formy bad english

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Hakone

There is a model sightseeing course here.

www.odakyu.jp/english/destination/hakone/

6. Re: 3 days in Hakone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hakone-machi
More Hakone-machi Topics