We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Which Hakone-machi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Hi, we are a couple going to Hakone for the 1 night stay and would love to stay in a ryokan (preferred) with a hot bath in the room. We don't want to go separate in the public bath.

Which ones do you recommend? I know they can get very expensive, but just put them out there please, so we can choose.

Thank you so much!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,924 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Without knowing the exact date, I cannot comment on the price, as they fluctuate. Also, would you like a non-smoking room? Japanese dinner in your room, or you don't mind a smorgasboard buffet?

With Jalan and Rakuten, you can narrow down according to your choices. Please check below. You might also check the JTB site, too.

jalan.net/en/…

Edited: 8:03 am, May 08, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,045 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Here's a site with hotels. You might be able to find something here.

http://www.gojapango.com/Hakone_accommodation

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Ichinoyu Shinkan has nice rooms, hot bath on the "balcony" (sort of an enclosed terrace) and nice meals in the dining room. Check their prices.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Alicia, many ryokan have 'family bath time'. This means you can reserve what is normally the ryokan's main bath/ outdoor bath as a private bath for your family. We often do this when going to ryokan or onsen. We have been able to have magnificent outdoor baths all to ourselves this way. Prestigious ryokans will do this as well as less well known inns. The ryokan may not advertise this option, sometimes you have to ask and then they will allocate your family a designated time. This is more often done in quiet seasons, but they will accommodate you if they can, you should ask - often the public bath areas are much better than the baths in rooms -( which are often nice baths with onsen water piped in but if your onsen has an outdoor bath/ rotemburo you should try it.)

Nagoya, Japan
Level Contributor
977 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Alicia X,

This is a list of ryokans in Hakone where they have rooms with private (en suite?) onsens/baths. Sorry it is in Japanese but you can get some idea how they serve.

pre-proj.net/database/kositu_roten/data.php…

(The circle far right means it is private and outdoor. Second right circle is private-indoor. Third right is shared-outdoor.)

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

For your option, I recommend a kashikiri time reserved private onsen.

In-room is the most expensive (you found out) but the smallest like a hot tub size and often enclosed by fence up close.

The next but a better option is kashikiri private time reserved outdoor onsen. Usually the gender separated larger bath is time reserved for your selves at no or a little extra cost for the overnight customers They often offer this for day trip users, too. Another for privacy is a (designated) family bath which is least desirable & almost all indoor and small window.

Here is the list of Kashikiri time reserved private onsen in Hakone: kashikiri-onsen.com/kantou/…hakone.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

Was browsing the thread.. And realized that most of the sites that recommend the ryokan/onsen hotel are in Jap...

Any recommendation for a 1N stay with public and private bath that we can check out?

Understand the price is not cheap and usually per pax with 2 meals.

My budget is ard $12,000-$14,000JPY per pax.

I plan to travel out from Tokyo in the morning, buy the Hakone pass, go to lake ashi, take some nice photos w Mt Fuji in e backgrd, eat the black sulphuric eggs...(anything I missed?) check in n stay 1 N

And visit the factory outlet the next day n head back to Tokyo.

Any suggestion which area of hakone shd I source my ryokan to be at??

Thanks so much!

8. Re: I'm looking for a room with hot bath (onsen) in Hakone.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hakone-machi
More Hakone-machi Topics