We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rakuten Travel Booked room at Mikiwaya Ryokan

Which Hakone-machi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rakuten Travel Booked room at Mikiwaya Ryokan

I just booked at room for one night at the Mikiwaya Ryokan through Rakuten Travel's website. I got a confirmation email and number. The weird thing is that every other site seemed to say this ryokan had no rooms available on the particular night. Anyone have any problems with Rakuten Travel's reservations? Or am I being overly cautious?

I am just a bit worried I'll show up in Hakone and have no place to stay.

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rakuten Travel Booked room at Mikiwaya Ryokan

It's MIKAWAYA in Hakone, right?

That's no surprising to see that one site tells you there's no vacancy and another one tells you there's. Ryokans/hotels have different contracts with different travel sites (price, room types, availability etc.).

For example, I' m planning to visit Yufuin in September and booked a ryokan through Jaran (another Japanese site) because Rakuten showed no vacancy. Since these things happen quite often, I always check more than 1 travel site.

And as for Rakuten, I have never had a trouble with this site. Just print out e-mail and bring it with you.

Bon Voyage!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rakuten Travel Booked room at Mikiwaya Ryokan

Hi ahporu-dc ,

Can confirm comment from JLadyToko .

Though the travel sites may say "house full", you will often find there are vacancies if you contact the hotel direct .

Rakuten is a very good travel site . We have used it a lot and never had any problem with it.

As JLady has already mentioned , take a copy of your electronic booking with you .

Same goes if your flying on an e ticket . Carry a copy of the e ticket with you . It is actually a customs and immigration requirement anywhere in the world .

Enjoy your trip .

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rakuten Travel Booked room at Mikiwaya Ryokan

Yes, it is Mikawaya Ryokan (I spelled it wrong originally). Thanks for the reassurances. I guess we'll keep it and hopefully we'll have no problems.

4. Re: Rakuten Travel Booked room at Mikiwaya Ryokan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hakone-machi
More Hakone-machi Topics