We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea?

Which Urayasu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea?

I'm visiting Tokyo later in the year and I only have one day to spare for Disneyland - Am i better off going to Tokyo Disney or to DisneySea??

I'd love your advice!

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea?

Personally, I'd go Disney SEA. It's more unique, targeted to adults, serves alcohol and generally less crowded.

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
4,893 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea?

I agree with the Disney Sea post. For all of the same reasons. When my friends have come to Japan, they've done both or only Disney Sea and they are all happy to have chosen the Sea.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea?

Both parks are great so you can't go wrong. Disneyland is the classic Disney park so if you've been to another Disney resort you'll know what to expect. There are some unique rides like Winnie the Pooh and Monsters Inc which are great as well as some direct, or near direct copies from elsewhere.

Disneysea is a a unique park with some great attractions you won't find anywhere else. It's more adult oriented with some more thrilling rides like Journey to the Centre of the earth and Indiana Jones adventure alongside more child friendly faire like the Sinbad ride and little mermaid.

Disneyland you can walk to from the JR station and Disneysea is a 10 min ride on the resort liner monorail from the station (you can buy a day pass or use an IC card like suica or icoca).

Wherever you go have fun

4. Re: Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 19, 2016