We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

Hi

We arrive in Narita in December at around 10:00 am and fly out a couple of daya later around 6:00 pm. Our initial thoughts are to stay in Narita and have a look around on the day we arrive. We would the travel into Tokyo on the second day for a day sightseeing and head back to Narita for that night. We would then spend the morning shopping and getting ready for our onward flight.

The question is would we be better off heading straight into Tokyo instead of Narita. Is there anything to do in Narita. We feel that staying in Narita will have us more relaxed for what is going be e very hectic couple of weeks in NZ but we don't wany to waste our time in Japan either.

Can anyboday recommend any good hotels near the train stations for either option?

Tokyo
Level Contributor
476 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

Not wanting to bash Narita, but I would not stay there. Your time is better spent in Tokyo proper I think.

Narita will be more relaxing but that is mainly because there will be nothing to do there! Although others may disagree, so apologies to Narita fans.

For a hotel tip, what is your budget for the two nights?

Dublin
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

Thanks, our budget for the two nights would be about €300 but we are flexible on that as it si the only time we will have to pay for accomodation on the trip. What would you recommend? How long would it take to get into Tokyo and how much would it cost?

Tokyo
Level Contributor
476 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

You should have no problems finding a hotel in the centre of town with that budget. I would try for hotels in Marunouchi, Ginza or Shiodome. I gather the Park Hotel in Shiodome is good and a decent price - should be reviews posted on this site.

Your trip into town will cost 3000 yen per person and the same going back. For speed, the Narita Express will take about an hour to get you to Tokyo Station. From there, a cab to the areas mentioned above is a matter of 10 minutes or so, depending on traffic.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

I agree, don't waste time in Narita City if you have 2 days. Figure on, to be comfortable, catching a Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner back to the airport at around 2:00PM or so. That will give you a nice buffer in case of crowds and other issues and time to relax at the airport before departing.

For your budget (about Y22000/night, I think), there isn't much in terms of "good" hotels you can get in the Tokyo Station or Marunouchi area that's double occupancy that won't break your budget. By good, I mean western style, modern, full-service, decent sized rooms.

london
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

I will be in Narita at the end of October. But will have to stay there. What else is in Narita besides the Temple. Are there any bars.

rgds

John

6. Re: Narita/Tokyo for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 15, 2009