We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

USA
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

Hi All,

We'll be travelling UAL in a few months from the US and we have a 4 hour layover in Narita to catch our connecting flight.

We'll be travelling with the family so we want to make use of the dayrooms for an hour so we can all freshen up. However, I am a bit confused... Everything I have seen says that it's after the passport check-in in Terminal 1. I really want to avoid having to go through the passport process with kids in hand.

Does anyone know if we can just get off the flight and find a dayroom near the UAL terminal or do we have to leave the terminal, have our passport stamped, etc.?

Thank you all in advance!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

narita-airport.jp/en/…svc_37.html

"after the passport check-in in Terminal 1" = AIR SIDE in Terminal 1

It is "after the passport check-in" for those who arrive at the airport from downtown.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

After passport control if you are coming from Japan! They're in the transit area, with folks like you in mind.

USA
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

Thanks for the quick responses... That's what I was thinking but some of the stuff I was reading made it sound as if I would need to exit terminal 1. I'm glad it's cleared up now.

Does anyone know how far the dayrooms are from the UAL area?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

On this map, the dayrooms are in the Central Building, near gates 26 and 27: narita-airport.jp/en/…t1_3f.html As far are I can tell, UAL uses gates in Satellites 3, 4 and 5. Some gates will be quite close by others a bit of a stroll: www.narita-airport.jp/en/flight/today.html

USA
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

Thanks for the info Roger!!!

USA
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

Wondering if anyone can give me an "approximate" time for deplaning and getting to the dayrooms? I've scheduled a 1 hour block for a dayroom about 35 minutes after our flight lands... I've heard that we need to pass through security so not sure if that will give us enough time?

Thanks in advance!

Edited: 2:15 pm, May 17, 2013
7. Re: Question about Narita Dayrooms during 4 hour layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 19, 2014