We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

chicago
1 post
Save Topic
overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

Hi!

my flight will be landing in Narita at 7:50 at night and my connecting flight leaves the next morning at 8am via JAL (overnight hotel stay at nikko narita and breakfast included).. Would I still be able to get a glimpse of the city or downtown Narita? i noticed that most stores close at 4 or 5 pm.. Or are there other shopping centers or some place interesting to explore during my stay in Narita?

i would love to see narita even for just a little bit of time.. i would greatly appreciate any tips/ advice..

thanks!

quip17
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

I ran across your post while I too was searching for some information on what we can do for OUR layover in Narita.

Our flighted from Manila arrives the same time as yours did. Our flight the next day leaves around 11am.

We are being put up overnight at a hotel, by our agent, but I don't know which one.

Our group is 11 people from Canada.

Did you find anything nearby to do? Or was your time spend in customs and security?? We would like so much to be able to see something other than our hotel walls!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

quip, you might want to send a message to chicagogurl, in case (s)he isn't momitoring the forums. Click on the chicagogurl link and look for the message button.

Don't count on seeing much of Narita. Your best bet is to get a good night's sleep. If you do want to sample a bit of international nigghtlife, a friend of mine found himself in a crew bar. He and his colleagues had a great time. He promised not to tell which one it was, but it's probably one of these: http://wikitravel.org/en/Narita#Drink

Next morning, Narita Airport has lots of shops and restaurants. The airport has a web page specifically for transit passengers: narita-airport.jp/en/…index.html

quip17
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

Thanks I will try that.

We are actually a group of Christian Teenagers and Young Adults returning to Canada from a Mission's trip...so no, we are not interested in bars. ;)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

shops close at 8pm, 9 latest. So you're not likely to see much, other than restaurants and bars.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
857 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

Aeon Narita Shopping center is convinient. Free shuttle bus runs from Nikko hotel to the mall.

Restaurant opens until 2300, Enjoy!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k1345…

quip17
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

Thank you! I had heard about the Mall...hopefully we can get there before it closes.

If not, we are happy to just walk around!

And who needs sleep?? We can do that on the plane! LOL!!

7. Re: overnight layover to narita- arriving at 8pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 05, 2009