We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening and overnight at Narita

Which Narita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Evening and overnight at Narita

My daughter and I will be arriving at Narita at 6:00 pm and leaving at 9:30 the next morning. Because we'll be coming from Canada, we'll probably be wide awake! Any suggestions for things to do or should we just hang out at the airport? Will they let us do that? Thanks!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening and overnight at Narita

Hi wabisabi

>>>>>>>>we'll probably be wide awake! <<<<<<<<

I don't think so .

If I'm correct Japan is at least 8 hours behind Canada .

When you arrive in Narita at 6 pm it will be 2 am in Vancouver .

or another example ;

In Japan it is now 7 am , New Zealand 10 am , Vancouver 2 pm .

I suggest you get a hotel in Narita for the night and have a comfortable sleep .

Cheers.

Toronto
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening and overnight at Narita

Tokyo is 14 hours ahead of Calgary without the daylight saving time, therefore 6:00 pm in Tokyo is 4:00 am in Calgary. The best thing to do is do not bear in mind that it is 4:00 am in the morning and stay at hotel close to the airport, most people can sleep for 3 or 4 hours after such a long flight, otherwise you have to stay awake for 2 days before you reach the next destination.

3. Re: Evening and overnight at Narita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 09, 2009