We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Soya Train (Wakkanai--Sapporo)

Penang
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Super Soya Train (Wakkanai--Sapporo)

I would like to know the reservation status, so I checked the JR Cyber-station website, found that the Super Soya 2 (Wakkanai --> Sapporo) is full on both 16 and 17/May 2010. Anybody knows why is that so(any event happen on that weekend)? is there any other alternative? i really need to go back to Sapporo as early as possible.. Thanks

Soya Misaki
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cape Noshappu
Lighthouses, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Wakkanai Port Kita Bohatei Dome
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Soya Train (Wakkanai--Sapporo)

I would think you can get an unreserved seat easily enough. The reserved section maybe busy with tours or school party- they tend to block reserve seats.

There are long distance coaches that go from Wakkanai to Sapporo (6hrs) and there are planes from Wakkanai to Sapporo (ANA), though the weather may affect flights.

Penang
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Soya Train (Wakkanai--Sapporo)

thanks for the reply.. i forgot to inform that i am actually using the JR Rail Pass (that means i have to use Railway only).. As i knew from the JR Hokkaido website that The Super SOYA 2, consists of 4 cars. Car No 1-3 are reserved seats, that makes only one car (Car No.4) a free seat car. If 3 out of 4 cars are full then i am afraid it will be difficult to get a free seat in Car no.4.. that's my worry point.. but i think i hv to take the risk..

Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Soya Train (Wakkanai--Sapporo)

usually only one car is reserved and the rest are free, maybe it got mixed up. However, the advantage you have is that you're going from the starting station so it should be easy to get a seat, just make sure you're first in the queue (ie get there early)

4. Re: Super Soya Train (Wakkanai--Sapporo)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 21, 2010