We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hokkaido JR Pass Aug 2013

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Hokkaido JR Pass Aug 2013

Just come across this website …jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/pdf/e/ml201304.pdf

However, couldn't find any avenue in the link to ask questions..

Hereby would like to seek for advise here..

I will be travelling within Hokkaido for 15days!

1) One need buy Hokkaido JR pass(eg 4 days flexi (within 10days)) then can buy the above link pass Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B?

So that means one will have Hokkaido JR pass(eg 4 days flexi (within 10days)) + Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days).Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) consider kick start Day 1 here even if I only use it the next day?

2) On 2Aug, we will first arrive Osaka and on the same day ie need to wait in the airport for 3hrs to catch the domestic flight from Osaka to Sapporo(Chitose) . Thus, may take this 3hrs gap time to get the (1) above.

Anything to note here?

3) Upon arrival Sapporo(Chitose) around 5pm, will then use the Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) to travel to Asahikawa via Hokkaido JR train? ie reached Asahikawa at night..

So Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) then kick start Day 1 here?

4) Or it is better that I took airport bus or rail from Sapporo(Chitose) to Sapporo City on separate cost.

ie without activating the Hokkaido JR pass(eg 4 days flexi (within 10days)) + Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) yet.

Spend some time in Sapporo City on 2Aug night.

only on 3Aug early morning then I start to use & activate Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) as Day 1 use to travel from Sapporo City to Asahikawa

In this case I can utilised Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) from 3Aug to 6Aug to explore Furano Biei area.

In another words I can also use this to travel and cover [Free area] Takikawa,Asahikawa, Biei, Furano, lKutora within these 4 days.

5) So next if I plan further travel and cover Nemuro, Noboribetsu onsen, Lake Toya and Hakodate

Which will be the logical last stop to chose on 6 Aug ie Sapporo Station?Asahikawa? or Sapporo(Chitose)? or Takikawa?Biei? Furano? lKutora? to mark the last use of Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days)

Then I can start to activate Hokkaido JR pass(eg 4 days flexi (within 10days)) to continue my travel in Hokkaido....

Sorry am kind of confuse after reading the information in the link.. not sure if I interpret correctly.. thus sincerely seek for your advise here..

And further queries

7)must or it's better that one reserved and book the date,time seat ahead with Hokkaido JR pass(eg 4 days flexi (within 10days) and Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B (4 days) once we decided the date and time?

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hokkaido JR Pass Aug 2013

And further queries

8) Would like to check with the purchase of Hokkaido JR pass 4 days flexi (within 10days) and Furano Biei Round Tour Ticket B, Do we still need to pay further for the [Twinkle Bus Biei and Furano Course], [Furano KURURU Bus] and [L'EX train ASAHIYAMA Zoo Train] listed in page 2 onwards with price list in

jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/pdf/e/ml201304.pdf ?

You help to further advise on this is highly appreciated.

2. Re: Hokkaido JR Pass Aug 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2014