I am planning a 5 day winter trip from 17 Jan 2014 to 22 Jan 2014.
We will arrive at Chitose airport, 17 Jan at 12NN and leave on the 22 Jan at 2:10PM.
Travelling in a group of 7 adults.
Currently, I have a loose itinerary..
17 JAN - 12NN arrive,
Go to Niseko (Bus? private car?)
18 JAN - whole day at Niseko
19 JAN - check out Niseko hotel,
visit Noboribetsu, lake toya
check into a hotel in Sapporo at night
20 Jan - Sightsee in Sapporo
21 Jan - Sightsee in Sapporo
22 Jan - Breakfast and depart Hokkaido by 2:10PM
Some questions I have..
1. I am interested in visiting Akan National Park to see the lake and marimo but I don't think there's enough time. Right?
2. Would 2 days in Sapporo be too much? I will be visiting these: Curb market, Shiroi Koibito Park, TV tower, Odori Park, Clock Tower.
3. Are there any other attractions in Sapporo that I should visit?
4. Should I visit lake toya & Noboribetsu straight after the check out but we will have our luggage with us. Or should we check into a hotel in Sapporo then visit these places?
5. Are there other attractions around the lake & Noboribetsu?
6. How do we get around Hokkaido during winter? By taxi/bus/train?
7. Any where else in Hokkaido I should visit if time permits?
Its quite confusing to plan this trip :(
Hope to hear from you soon!