We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from rusutsu to abashiri

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
travelling from rusutsu to abashiri

hi all.. i'm planning a 12-day holiday to hokkaido/tokyo in next feb, mainly to visit the snow festivals, ski, onsen and see the drift ice..

my itinerary as follows:-

day 1: asahikawa

day 2: asahikawa

day 3: asahikawa

day 4: sapporo

day 5: sapporo

day 6: sapporo / otaru

day 7: sapporo / jozankei

day 8: rusutsu

day 9: rusutsu

day 10: abashiri

day 11: tokyo

day 12: tokyo

my main problem now will be transportation from rusutsu to abashiri.. i have checked with the airlines..

was told i can get the airpass to fly from chitose to memanbetsu.. but it's going to set cost me about S$500 for 2 pax, one way!

are there any other options for me?

thank you so much in advance!

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from rusutsu to abashiri

Not really.

Rusutsu to Abashiri is a long way - you will spend most of the day travelling. I wouldn't do that just for one night stay. You should visit Abashiri from Asahikawa (and it will still be a 3-4 hours trip).

Why 3 nights in Asahikawa? It seems a lot....only the zoo to see really.

Amanda

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from rusutsu to abashiri

hi amanda..

thank you so much for your advice.

we're arriving asahikawa late on day 1, so no choice but to stay one more night. no plans for that day yet. we're planning to go to zoo on day 2 and visit the winter festival on day 3.

we would love to see the drift ice. thats why we're planning a trip all the way there just for 1 night. but now we hv headache on transportation from rusutsu to abashiri.

thanks you once again!

3. Re: travelling from rusutsu to abashiri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 13, 2013