Hi, I am planning a 6-7 days trip to Hokkaido mid Aug. I would like to have a relaxing holiday with nice sceneries, yummy food & experience the japanese onsen ryokan.
After some initial survey, I would like to visit:
1) Sapporo (1 day) - Sapporo Beer-En, Nijo fish market, Sapporo TV tower
2) Otaru (1 day) - canal strolling, glass blowing lesson, music box museum, fruit picking
3) Furano, Biei & Hokuryu (2 days) - lavender & sunflower
I need help to decide on other places (easy reach from the places above). Below are my shortlist:
1) Shotokan - scenic with onsen
2) Toyako Onsen & Usu-zan - onsen & volcanoes with fireworks
3) Muroran - dolphins & whales watching (Is mid Aug season? If not, is Muroran worth seeing?)
4) Asahidake Onsen - scenic with onsen
Can I cover each place in a day?
Any recommendations for a good onsen ryokan with scenic rotemburo?
Is it better to take the public transport or to drive?
Thanks a lot!