We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

hi

I am currently trying to book accomodation in Furano/Biei for 8 Aug 2007- are there any recommendations cos it appears that it may be difficult to find accomodation.

Also, i am also looking for accomodation in Sapporo for 9 August.. any recommendation on moderate accomodation?

Thanks!!

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

Furano and Biei have limited accomodation - and this year have been heavily promoted in Asia...so try to find somewhere in Asahikawa - then you can take the bus or train (40 mins) to Furano/Bieie.

Sapporo - lots of accomodation - just do Internet searches for hotels. You should be able to find a room for about y8/9,000 a night.

Amanda

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

Hi hi

i tried to do an internet search for Asahikawa hotels as well.. seemslike all r fully booked.. so u have any recommended sites for me to book the hotels?? ..

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

There are many "pensions (family-run lodges)" in Furano and Biei.

Some of them are listed in this site:

furanotourism.com/english/hyperlinks/accommo…

Though they don't have online reservation system, when I searched "Furano, pensions" for August 8th in a Japanese travel site, several pensions on the above-mentioned list have vacancy.

(B&B Furano, Pension Furanui, Pension Yamabato, Train House, Pension Ayumi)

How about sending them e-mail and wait for their response. Or you may send e-mail to tourism association.

Grace Hotel and Natulux Hotel also have vacancy for August 8th. But their webpage is Japanese-only.

http://www.furanograce.com/index2.html

Good luck!

JLady

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

Put "Japan HOtels Online" in Yahoo search and get an English website for the Kintetsu Travel group- I can see 3 hotels with twin and single rooms in Asahikawa on August 8th: the Washington, the Loisir and the Crescent.

Asahikawa is a big city and there are many hotels...you shoulod be able to find somewhere - but there are very limited places in Furano/Bieie...and if you can only look in English via the web that limits it even more..don't worry!

Asahikawa is ok...VERY busy nightlife area...alll the farmers from miles around come into town for a good night out..Russian/Korean/Filipine bar hostesses...noise...streets of drunk people...Asahikawa at night is ALL happening...if you are woman travlleing alone you might get a few comments on the streets at night...nothing dangerous..but those farmers in the Hokkiado hinterland get a bit crazy when they get into town!

If you'd like to meet friendly local foreigners look for a bar called The Den, run by Aussies? Americans? can't remember which now...down the main street, when you get to the statue of the man playing a saxaphone to a cat (yes..really!), turn left and The Den is in one of the big buildings of bars about half way along the block on the left.

Amanda

Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

Hi, I also found it very hard to book a room in Furano in late Aug, but I managed to get a japanese style ensuite room at this place in Biei : http://www.potatovillage.com. Cost was about 12000JYP pp (including 2 meals). However, pls note that it is apparently 1 hour walk from the train station although they do provide a free pick up from the station (need to prearrange with them).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

We stayed at the potato village when we were in Hokkaido last week. We paid a total of Yen 23,800 for 2 pax for a Japanese-style room. Took us a few wrong turns before we found the pension as the GPS did not give the correct location They served dinner and breakfast at a fixed time.

I find that to explore Biei, it is useful to have a car. Cycling can be quite tiring because the roads are not flat. If you have the time, do go to the restaurant at Farm Chiyoda. Their beef stew and steak are delicious but expect to wait. Because it was the holiday, we waited about one hour for our food.

7. Re: Accomodation in Furano/Biei and Sapporo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 05, 2009