We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flight to Hokkaido

Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic flight to Hokkaido

Hi,

have booked my ticket from S'pore to Narita airport by Singapore airlines. I am planning to book domestic ticket from Narita airport to Sapporo which I think will be easier cos i do not want to travel to Haneda airport.

But for return flight to Tokyo, is it better to book domestic from Asahikawa airport to Haneda airport? I will be staying somewhere in shinjuku area so I guess the distance is nearer from Haneda to

Shinjuku right? Do they have flights from asahikawa to Haneda?

thanks

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic flight to Hokkaido

Hi there,

First of all - did you know that Singapore Airlines is a Star Alliance partner with ANA, so you may be able to get any domestic flights added onto your international flight for a discount?

You should ask your travel agent or SingPore Air.

If not - look at ANA's website, they have a "Chowari ticket" campaign at the moment, with tickets at Y13,000 one way.

Most people DO go to Haneda for flights to Hokkaido because the Narita-Hokkaido connections are bad: ANA only have 2 flights a day and JAL has 1!

There are bus or train connections between Narita and Haneda, officially about 90 mins, but you should allow more time to be safe.

Both ANA and JAL have 15-20 flights a day from Haneda to Chitose...and other Hokkaido airports. Depends on the season.

JAL have about 5 flights a day Haneda to Asahikawa.

And yes, Haneda to Shinjuku is easy.

I guess the other main thing to consider is WHERE you'll be going in Hokkaido - if central and east (Daisetsu/Sounkyou/Furano.Akan/Shiretoko) then you could fly out of either Asahikawa or Kushiro...or Memmanbetsu...

happy planning...

amanda

2. Re: Domestic flight to Hokkaido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 01, 2009