We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Which Niigata hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
Save Topic
Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

https:/…

photos of a recent trip that mainly focus on Niigata Prefecture and the 2012 Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennial.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,472 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Wow. Awesome pictures! Your photos are always so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm seriously going to think of taking a trip to Sado Island now :-)

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,541 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Thanks, William512, from another fan of your photos! These were terrific--I especially loved all the art.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Thank you for the kind words. It's not my photographic skill but the true beauty of Japan that's captivating.

Edited: 8:24 pm, September 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Ah, I remember that Sake museum at Echigo-Yuwaza

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Hi william512, Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful photo and we are thinking of going there next may. Did Niigata have many flowers park worth going as I really like Japan because of the flowers season. Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Hi pay K

From mid April to early May you can go for some beautiful tulip fields in Niigata.

niigata-kankou.or.jp/niigata-city/…1326.html (Furusato Mura)

enjoyniigata.com/english/03/tainai-city-tuli… (Tainai)

enjoyniigata.com/english/03/gosen-tulip-fest… (Gosen)

Some more suggestions can be found in the following:

enjoyniigata.com/english/guide/m05.html

If you are not confined to Niigata Prefecture, May is a very good time for wisteria in Ashikaga which is in Tochigi Prefecture.

http://www.ashikaga.co.jp/en/wisteria.html

BTW, did you manage to see cherry blossom this spring in the Kansai region!?

asia
Level Contributor
666 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Wow! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics! I just realise how little of Japan I've actually seen. :) I shall have to plan for NIigata some time in the future. ;)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Hi William512

Thank you for all the links and looking forward to start planning for may.Wisteria in Ashikaga always on my mind but find it a bit to far just to go one places but with Niigata in mind we can include Ashikaga.

Yes We did enjoy the cherry blossom in april and following your link we went to nabana-no sato and all that tulips was truly open eyes. Thank you!

Leaving for matsumoto, takayama and kanazawa and others side trip in two weeks times, hopefully the autumn leaves will be waiting for us.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

Wow, pak K, going to Japan in 2 weeks time after an April trip AND already planning a May trip next year! How I envy you not having have to suffer from jet-lag which we just manage to get over returning from our Sept trip.

Hope you won’t mind me being nosy but we learn that this year the weather is warmer than average and that the autumn foliage season may start a bit later than usual, so do take note. Hopefully you have included Kamikochi and the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route both of which koyo are likely to appear during your time of visit. If you are in Kanazawa and Toyama area during late Oct to early Nov, consider doing a side trip to Kurobe Gorge which is a very popular koyo site in Japan.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Photo-sharing - summer around Niigata Prefecture

We are lucky as the journey took us only seven hours and I often wonder how you do it with so many trip all the way from canada.

We are going to Kamikochi for a day trip. and will look into how we can do the tateyama-kurobe alpine route as I often associate tateyama with snow and not koyo.

William512, Thank you very much for the infor.