We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Nohi Takayama to Hiroyu Onsen to Kamikochi

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Nohi Takayama to Hiroyu Onsen to Kamikochi

5 of us will be staying in Takayama on Oct 9. The day after, on Oct 10, we plan to take the Nohi bus to tour a little in Kamikochi. I found the bus schedule from Takayama to Hirayu Onsen, then the one for the second bus to Kamikochi. Do I need to book the ticket ahead? If needed, how to do it. ( I know the bus from Kanazawa to Takayama that I will use on Oct 9 needs reservation.)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Nohi Takayama to Hiroyu Onsen to Kamikochi

-Reservations are not required for the Kamikochi Line.

www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/kamikochi.html

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara
Level Contributor
8,596 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Nohi Takayama to Hiroyu Onsen to Kamikochi

I'm not sure about the reservation thing, since I always drive coming here..., but I guess you'll be able to get your seat, given Oct 10 is a weekday and that you'll be a week or two early for the peak fall foliage here.

Edited: 11:46 am, October 03, 2013
3. Re: Bus from Nohi Takayama to Hiroyu Onsen to Kamikochi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, January 21, 2015