We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takayama City in December

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Takayama City in December

Hi,

i'll be in Takayama City from 23-26 Dec, staying in Hida Washington Plaza Hotel. May I know whether there will be snow in the city during that period or only outside the city?

Many thanks

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Takayama City in December

Yes, there will be, public transportation is available, though.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Takayama City in December

Flurries of snow for sure, yet they don't stay the way you'd possibly expect...

Heavy snow though in late Dec if you go farther afield, like in the alps area (just 1hr bus ride away).

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takayama City in December

Thank you all.

Just wondering,could you recommend some good ski resorts/onsen not too far from the city? Thanks! :)

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Takayama City in December

Hirayu comes to my mind, about 1hr bus-ride away:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298113-d1…

There's Norikura too, but you may probably need to pretty much detour so you can access it from Takayama.

5. Re: Takayama City in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Takayama