We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

Hi All~ I’d like to share with you a way of reserving Japanese ryokans which does not accept email booking or has no online reservation system.

I just booked Suimeikan Karukaya Onsen with the assistance of VISA Platinum Concierge service! If you have a VISA platinum card, you can make a simple registration and use their concierge service to help you make enquiry and reservation. They offer other travel helps too. For details, please check:

visa-asia.com/premium/…index.shtml

The link is for Asia Pacific. If you are from other regions, please search for the appropriate site accordingly.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

Forgot to add - the VISA Platinum Concierge Service is FREE of charge.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

Thanks! That's a great advice!

Was thinking to book through either japanican or japanese guest houses.com

:)

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

reads like an advertisement to me

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,134 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

All top tier credit/charge cards provide this kind of concierge service, to various degrees of success.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

I am sorry if my post made you feel so. But if you see my previous posts, you'd know I'm just an ordinary traveller.

I will make my first trip to Japan in coming March. As I searched for the hotel information, I found that some small, family-run ryokan (they are usually very good ones with attractive onsen) only accept reservation by phone or fax which basically keeps non-Japanese speakers away. But luckily I noted on some blogs and travellers forums of Taiwan that some Taiwanese travellers used the service of visa card. Then I tried myself and it worked.

That's why I share this information with Tripadvisor travellers.

6. Re: A tip of booking a Japanese ryokan which does not accept ema

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 23, 2014