We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shirakawa-go

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
313 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shirakawa-go

Hi

By referring to this link here http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5951.html

Seeking help from someone who have been there let me know how long to walk from Shirakawa-go Bus Stop to Ogimachi Bus Stop?

May I know if Nohi bus will pick up tourist from Ogimachi Bus Stop back to Takayama or we have to board it only at Shirakawa-go Bus Stop?

If to go to Shiroyama View Point, how long to walk from Shirakawa-go Bus Stop? Or is it better choice to take the shuttle bus to go up?

Do you recommend we visit Wada-Ke House before or after go up to Shiroyama Viewpoint? How long to climb up to Shiroyama Viewpoint from the entrance gate?

Onsen at Shirakawa-go no yu is it worth a visit and take a hot bath there?

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shirakawa-go

Only some buses stop at Ogimachi stop, but it doesn't matter. The village is small and from the viewpoint to the tourist info center is less than 30 minutes walk at a leisurely pace. I've never taken the bus up. It's maybe an easygoing 15 minutes up from the Wada house. Whether you visit the Wada house before or after the viewpoint doesn't matter, you pass it anyway.

Onsen - only if you aren't going to any other onsen.

nouhibus.co.jp/english/shirakawago_kanazawa.…

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
313 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shirakawa-go

thanks fish 2 for your verification ... now I know it is easy and walkable

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
54 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shirakawa-go

Elvi,

The bus from Takayama to Shirakawa-go will not pickup passengers from Ogimachic Stop. I suggest you use the path from Wada house go up to View point. It only take about 15-20 minutes from Nohi Bus stop to View point unless you want to stop to take photos.

I never knew there is an Onsen in Shirakawa-go, haha.

4. Re: Shirakawa-go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 07, 2013