We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
54 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

Hi, I will be visiting Takayama in Nov, stay one night in Takayama and next day visiting Shirakawa-go enroute to Kanazawa and stay a night in Kanazawa. Looking at the bus schedule and luggage we have, I am thinking of giving up Kanazawa and spend 2 nights in Takayama and do a day trip to Shirakawago. Is it a better plan? What is there in Kanazawa that I will missed? Thank you for your help.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
54 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

Looks like I have to include Kanazawa again. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

12. Re: Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 07, 2012
Edited: 2:19 pm, September 07, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

I'm planning a trip for me and my mom (60 yrs but in good shape). Would you recommend doing a trip to Takayama/Shirakawa-go/Kanazawa though a tour package (3-day trip) or would it be smarter to go to Takayama for 2 nights on my own?

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
54 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

If you have only 3 days 2 nights, suggest you stick to Takayama and make a day trip to Shirakawa-go from Takayama and visit Kanazawa in another trip coz Kanazawa need more than one day. Shirakawa-go is a small and beautiful village and require only 3-4 hours. I think if you plan the trip yourself, you have the freedom to decide when to start the day, where to eat and places to visit. If you follow the tour, all these have been arranged, saved you trouble.

15. Re: Do I need to go to Kanazawa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 05, 2014