We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hakone vs. Takayama

Baltimore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Hakone vs. Takayama

We have 3 days/4 nights already booked in Kyoto. We have 4 days to fill (leaving from Tokyo on the morning of the 5th day, so I am not counting that one.) We do not want to spend all 4 days in Tokyo. (We are not all that interested in a big city.) We are thinking of spending two nights (1 and a half days) somewhere between Kyoto and Tokyo. Then spending 2 nights (one and a half days) in Tokyo. Both Hakone and Takayama sound interesting. We want to relax a bit. What would be easier to reach and what would be better to see? Thanks!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hakone vs. Takayama

You don't need to post the sane question multiple times. If the answer you fit wasn't enough information then you can post a followup question on the same post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298189-i1603-k399…

If train schedules concern you then use hyperdia.com to explore them.

sydney
Level Contributor
249 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hakone vs. Takayama

for me and its only me thoughts,id take takayama,we have just got back from both places and we just fell in love with takayama,from the train trip to the heritage houses to the hida beef it really was a highlight of our trip,one of many i must say.

but as i say thats just my thoughts.

3. Re: Hakone vs. Takayama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 17, 2011