We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Takayama and... ?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
268 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Takayama and... ?

Are there any experts out there? We are going from Kyoto to Takayama and need a third city before heading back to Tokyo. We are considering Hakone .. but it seems that the travel from Takayama to Hakone is very long (am I worng?) What would make sence? Please help!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Takayama and... ?

I would do Kyoto - Kanazawa, then Takayama.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Takayama and... ?

Kyoto, Kanazawa, Takayama agree with that though we did it in other direction, via JR pass. really enjoyed seeing rural Japan

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
435 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Takayama and... ?

Why don't you stay over in Shirakawa-go on the way from Kanazawa to Takayama.....we are going to do that the other way around.......I think and hope it will give you/us a sence of a rural town (with very special houses)

4. Re: Help! Takayama and... ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 04, 2009