We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

Sacramento
4 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

Does anyone know which highway bus travels this route? I read of a 7am departure from Takayama that would get me to Kansai Airport in plenty of time for my evening flight, however, now that I am ready to book, I am no longer finding this information! I searched the Nohi bus site, and see reference to Osaka, however, I would prefer a bus directly to the airport if possible. Also, any idea if it's possible to book in advance? Thank you for any information!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

I don't think there is a bus directly from Takayama to KIX. You'd need to go to Osaka or Kyoto first then change. You could take the train to Kyoto and then change to KIX, too.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

You will want to verify this yourself, but this is what I found:

There is a bus from Takayama to Namba OCAT (Osaka City Air Terminal), leaving at 7 AM: www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/kyoto_osaka.html

From OCAT,there are buses every half hour to KIX: www.kate.co.jp/pc/e_time_table/e_ocat.html

So far as I can tell the total fare will be 6500 yen, and you'd have to make a reservation for the bus from Takayama. You would arrive at the airport around 2 PM

Taking the train will cost about ¥ 12,620. As an example, you could leave at 9:37 AM and get to the airport at about 3 PM, but you'd have to change trains twice. Schedules are here: http://www.hyperdia.com/

Sacramento
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

Thank you so very much! It's time to go and now I return to find your info that prepares me perfectly! Arigato gozai masu!

Sacramento
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

THANK YOU for your help!!! Now that it's time to go, I'm doing final research and found this PERFECTLY helpful response! Arigato gozai masu!

Sacramento
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

Third time's a charm--maybe you already received the other posts, I'm not a techie, but they seem like seperate posts, not reply. Anyway, I just want to thank you very much for your pefectly helpful info!!!

6. Re: Bus from Takayama to Kansai Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, February 21, 2015