We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nagoya Takayama Osaka Kyoto Nara and Wakayama..

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Nagoya Takayama Osaka Kyoto Nara and Wakayama..

We are going to Nagoya at the end of this month for about 10 days and there is no 10 day pass so.. here are my questions and pre-itinerary.

Day 1 Arrive at Nagoya around 2.00 PM and heading to OSAKA

Day 2. Osaka

Day 3 Universal Studio

Day 4 Osaka-Wakayama

Day 5 Osaka-Nara-Kyoto

Day 6 Kyoto

Day 7 Kyoto-Takayama

Day 8 Takayama

Day 9 Takayama-Nagoya

Day 10 Nagoya and fly home.

Do you think which pass I should buy?? 7 Days JR Pass or Kintesu and 1-2 Day Kansai Pass??

Thank you for any suggestion.

PP

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,247 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nagoya Takayama Osaka Kyoto Nara and Wakayama..

Hello. I think the Kintetsu Pass (or its Wide Pass) for 5 days might work for you (not for all places you mentioned, though).

translate.google.co.jp/translate…

translate.google.co.jp/translate…

In five days, you can cover Kintetsu Nagoya-Osaka Namba, Osaka Namba-Kintetsu Nara, and Kintetsu Nara-Kintetsu Kyoto.

Kansai Pass does not cover Nagoya and it's a difficult pass for first time travelers to use it economically inside the Kansai Region. 7 days JR Pass won't pay off for your itinerary.

From Kyoto, you might take the bus to Takayama, and from Takayama to Nagoya too, if you want to do it less expensively. Otherwise, take the JR Hida train (there is a morning train direct from Kyoto to Takayama; other Hida services are Takayama-Nagoya).

I don't really recommend doing Wakayama (especially its northern area) on a day trip out from Osaka.

With Kintetsu Pass above, you can do a nicer trip to Ise Shima area (Ise Shrine, Toba, and Kashikojima for Ago Bay). Actually, I recommend sparing a day (overnight onsen in Kashikojima) for the above places before going to Osaka.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4310.html

Kyoto and Nara should be visited.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nagoya Takayama Osaka Kyoto Nara and Wakayama..

Thank you..

I may consider using Kinteisu 5 Day pass for Ise -Nara- Kyoto and end up in Osaka. I will stay longer in Osaka and the Osaka day pass will help.

We would like to take the trip to Universal Studio too.

So during I have been waiting for your answer I have tried to draft another itinerary.

Day 1: Nagoya spend the day in Nagoya (As far as I understand, the to and from the airport tickets do not include in the 5 days)

Day 2: Nagoya-Osaka

Day 3. Osaka

Day 4: Universal studio

Day 5: Osaka-Nara

Day 6: Nara-Kyoto

Day 7: Kyoto-Takayama

Day 8: Takayama

Day 9:Takayma-Nagoya

Day 10: Nagoya whole day.. fly home..

This itinerary will be using Kintesu and extra pay for Kyoto-Takayama-Nagoya.

Nevertheless I have foud that Kintesu need longer time than the JR.

3 rides on Kintetsu Limited Express are also included but where can I use it.. in which routes??

Thank you so much :)

3. Re: Nagoya Takayama Osaka Kyoto Nara and Wakayama..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nagoya