We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a couple of days in Nagoya.

Which Nagoya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
a couple of days in Nagoya.

fantastic nomonomo-thankyou so much.

Also there seems to be much talk about EXPO-will that still be on when we come in march?

We are looking forward to our trip very much, and it will be a wonderful chance for my daughter to practise her Japanese!

I have since checked some of the other messages-asking similar questions-so have some great info now.

New York
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: a couple of days in Nagoya.

>>>Also there seems to be much talk about EXPO-will that still be on when we come in march? <<<

No, unfortunately, the Expo was held last year.

New York
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: a couple of days in Nagoya.

You may want to check out the Museum Meiji-Mura if you are interested in Japanese architecture from the Meiji Period, between 1868-1912. Please go to http://www.meijimura.com/english/index-e.html for further info re the museum.

brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: a couple of days in Nagoya.

thank you Eddoko-I will check out the museum.

I'll be with my 15 yr old daughter so we may focus on lighter activities!!! She wants to practice speaking and understanding Japanese.

So we look forward to our trip.

Cheers R

New York
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: a couple of days in Nagoya.

Netta5, it’s great to know that your daughter can speak Japanese. I have many non-Japanese friends who studied Japanese and/or lived in Japan. It takes a lot of time and energy to study other languages, but I always encourage others, especially young people like your daughter, to lean other language/culture. Unfortunately, I couldn’t convince my (American) husband to learn Japanese though he loooves Japanese culture and foods! (LOL)

Have a great time in Nagoya!!! :-)