We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

We are a couple with a baby under 1 year planning to travel to Tel Aviv in March. However we would also like to spend a few relaxing days in a beach resort in the red sea (as I guess it may be warmer than Tel Aviv in March) and visit Petra in Jordan. Therefore, I wanted to ask what would you recommend for a a 5 days stay in a beach resort. Eliat in the Israeli side or Aqaba or Tala Bay in the Jordanian side? For us it would be important to have a nice beach and being able to visit Petra. Having a golf course nearby would be awesome but I heard there is nothing close unless you go to Taba in Egypt (which we ruled out given the current political situation), right?. Thanks!

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

Welcome to Jordan,

Visiting Petra will be easier from Aqaba. Also may you make an excursion to Wadi Rum while you are in Aqaba.

Tala Bay out of the city, so I think at one of Aqaba resorts will be good idea :)

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Aqaba
Level Contributor
503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

Hotels with their own private beach in Aqaba are all 5-star hotels:

In the downtown: Intercontinental, Kempinski and Mövenpick Resort

In Tala Bay: Radisson and Mövenpick Tala Bay

A cheaper option in Tala Bay: Marina Plaza hotel, it is not located directly on the shore but guests enjoy full access to Tala Bay Beach Club, which is just a few minutes walk from Marina Plaza.

There are no golf courses in Aqaba yet.

You can also stay in Eilat and visit Petra from there. There is a wider choice of hotels BUT they are probably more expensive. The Petra tour from Eilat would be more expensive too, because as a day visitor, you would have to pay a higher entrance fee (almost double price).

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

Hi both, Very useful advise. EsTeh: I had the feeling that Aqaba was less pricey than Eilat for the same value. Thanks for confirming!

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

Yes, Aqaba less pricey than Eilat.

5. Re: Aqaba, Tala Bay or Eilat for 5 days relaxed beacc stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba