We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

I was trying to get to Petra from Aqaba by taxi or car. Can anyone recommend a taxi company or taxi driver? If there are any estimates on wha tthe price should be would be helpful. I read everything from 30 to 130 and everything in between. I think 40 seems correct.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Hi David M,

It may sound silly but I cannot figure out how to PM you here. Could you pls PM me with the details of your taxi driver in Aqaba?

Thanks very much!

Edited: 9:39 am, February 26, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Same from me, David M...

Would you be so kind and let me know the details of your taxi driver, please?

Thank you!

Damian

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Could you please message me the contact information for your taxi driver, as well? Thank you!

Cotabato City...
Level Contributor
88 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

@David M

Thanks for your info. It appears that a PM cannot be sent to you. Would u be kind to send to me too? thanks.

Toledo, Spain
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Hi. We are going to cross the Eilat-Aqaba border as early as soon is possible. Are there enough taxis waiting? We arranged a Wadi Rum tour and the company offers a taxi waiting for us paying 40 JD, from the border to Wadi Rum. Is a good offer? Or we get the first taxi we find? Will be cheaper than the arranged taxi?

Also, we have to exchange cash, what is the best place to do it? We will not be in Aqaba until last day, what is better place, border office or Eilat? Thank you so much.

Maybe, on the road between border and Wadi Rum there is a good office to do it?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

post 15 change money at borders post.

arranged taxi is often cheaper than any taxi you get from street or at border posts I heard reports about them. ripping off tourists

40 jod is on the higher side it can be 35

cheers

Raymond

amman Pasha Hotel

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Hi Raymond,

A taxi service quoted me 130 jod for a r/t transfer Aqaba airport to Petra. That seems too much, don't you think? Appreciate your comments.

18. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:44 am, November 16, 2014
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Gigis Mum that is too high

Please book through you hotel in Petra .

A fair price is less than 100 jod including waiting time at airport.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

20. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:44 am, November 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba