We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

I was trying to get to Petra from Aqaba by taxi or car. Can anyone recommend a taxi company or taxi driver? If there are any estimates on wha tthe price should be would be helpful. I read everything from 30 to 130 and everything in between. I think 40 seems correct.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

welcome to Jordan

A private taxi is the best way

ask your hotel to arrange one when you arrive.

cost one way 50 jod (return in same day), two ways 60 jod negotiable

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Don't book taxi by your hotel, all the hotels in Aqaba, Amman, Petra add 10-20% commission when they book a taxi to their clients.

The fair price for taxi from Aqaba to Petra (one way) 35-40JOD. You can compatible directly with the driver, where you can easily find a taxi, they are too many in Aqaba

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Edited: 4:56 am, July 25, 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

To AliH440

Thank you for answearing my question, before I even asked. Thank you!

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

You welcome Katherine

Hradec Kralove, CZ
Level Contributor
494 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

How difficult is it to catch a taxi right at the Eilat/Aqaba border crossing? Is the price any different from the estimated 35-40 you mentioned earlier?

Edited: 7:01 pm, October 16, 2013
Petra
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Yes the taxi fare from the border is different, it's a fixed price around 50 or 55 JOD :-( you can try to negotiate with you taxi driver but I don't know if he will do it for less. The price from the center of Aqaba is usually 40 JOD and the price from Tala Bay is 45 JOD. Have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

I was in Jordan last week. The taxi from the border to Petra, one way, it costs 50-55 jod. Border- Aqaba city 10jod. Aqaba to wadi rum 20jod. Aqaba to Petra 35-40 jod. All the price are one way. If you will find cheap, just let me know. It was my first time in Jordan, but I want to go back there. Hope you will enjoy your time in jordan

Scotland
Level Contributor
176 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

I travelled by taxi a couple of weeks ago and had a great taxi driver, who lives in Wadi Musa. His English is impeccable - he worked for the US Army in Iraq - and he was extremely helpful. his car was very neat and tidy and he stopped off lots of places on the way for photoshoots. He charged us 40JD, although I gave him 50JD. If you want his mobile (cell) number I have it (Just PM me) - cant recommend him more highly that that.

9. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, October 22, 2014
Landshut, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi in Aqaba - pre book one way

Hi,

would be very thankful for your recommendation. Could you post me the number/ email adress?

Thanks

Chris

Get answers to your questions about Aqaba