We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to go snorkeling

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to go snorkeling

Me and my friend will be spending 2 days in Aqaba. We want to go snorkelling so were thinking of spending the first day at the public beach opposite Darna Dive Centre which apparently has some really good reefs. And then spending the whole of the next day at Club Murjan.

Basically we want to go to good snorkeling areas but we're on a real budget so we can't afford to go out on a boat with the diving companies etc.

Are they good places to go snorkelling? As far as I'm aware, it's 16 JD in total for entry to Club Murjan and equipment hire, and snorkeling at Darna will just be the cost of equipment hire - is this correct?

Does anyone have any better recommendations?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to go snorkeling

Hi Alison,

Both sites are nice for snorkeling, almost opposite of the dive villages is the reef called Japanese gardens, one of the nicest locations for snorkeling from the beach. Club Murjan has reefs right in front as well. The entrance to this last one is 9 JOD so 7 JOD extra for equipment hire sounds about right. Enjoy !

Patricia

London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to go snorkeling

We're thinking about staying in Darna Village Beach Hostel so it would be really easy to get to Japanese Gardens. How far is Club Murjan from Darna? And are the reefs accessible from a public beach - do we really need to pay for entrance Club Murjan in order to snorkel at the reefs?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to go snorkeling

Coming from Aqaba Club Murjan is a few kilometers before all the dive villages. As for your second question: have a look at Google earth via this link: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/26297513 you will see that there is nothing much around so I think paying the 9 JOD entrance fee so you can make use of all their facilities is well worth it.

Patricia

4. Re: Best place to go snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba