We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nuneaton
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Hi could anyone suggest a car transfer service/taxi which would take me from Amman - departing about 20.00hrs on Sunday Dec 23 to Aqaba and how much would this cost. I'd hoped to take a bus but after looking at the schedule it seems my flight gets in too late. I also need to get back to Amman on Thursday Dec 27 but I think I would be able to get the bus then. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Any taxi would take you from the airport, price probably around 100JD or a little more.

If you are staying in a hotel in Aqaba, they might send one to collect you which might well be cheaper - though not much.

I think that any organised service would charge about the same. There is not much point in going into Amman, you would gain very little money and probably lose some - the airport is some 30/40kms south of Amman. You would certainly lose a fair bit of time.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Hi Kazza,

There are public transportations from Amman ( Al Mojama Al Jnobi ) to Aqaba until 10:00pm.

If you want private English speaking driver/car contact :

Mohammad Abd

Mobile: +962777972101

He has deluxe taxi with air conditioned, and will offer you good price

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Nuneaton
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Hi there do you have more details please about the public transport? Where would I need to go to get it, how much would it be and how long does it take? Is there a website or email contact at all please? Many thanks.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Hi there,

There is no website or email to bus station, and it is some 30/35kms north of Queen Alia Airport ( 30 minutes from airport to Al Mojama Al Jnobi )

You have to take taxi from airport to the bus station ( Al Mojama Al Jnobi ).

From Al Mojama Al Jnobi to Aqaba about 5 hours. And the price 10JD.

If you want contact this driver: ( Jamal ) His mobile number: (+962796008501) His E-mail ( jamal_salamah68@yahoo.com ) to meet you at Queen Alia Airport and take you to bus station. And the price 20-25JD ( From airport to Al Mojama Al Jnobi )

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

I got picked up by a driver and did the 4 hour trip through the desert with him , believe it or not it was quite enjoyable,, The prices mentioned are about correct.. I was under the impression that all public transport finished about 20.00 hrs,

To return to Amman get a public coach , so much cheaper but check they are going to the airport

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Dear Matthew,

The transportation from Amman to Aqaba something completely different, sometimes 24 hours. And there is a bus every two hours from Amman ( Al Mojama Al Jnobi ) to Aqaba.

Jordan Beauty Tours

Nuneaton
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Hi that's all really useful, thanks.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

Yes, but the only public transport to/from the airport is the airport bus. Any other bus from Aqaba, the non-stop ones or the minibuses, would take you to Amman and you have to come back out again - this is likely to add two hours to the journey.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

From the airport as I said you can contact ( Jamal ) And he will be waiting you at the airport ( Just give him your flight details ), And he will be holding sign with your name.

On your way back from Aqaba to airport, as Amariya said the bus will not stop at the airport, but also you can deal with the same driver ( Jamal ) to meet you near of the airport ( Maybe at airport bridge. 3km from the airport ) to take you back to airport.

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

10. Re: Transfer Amman to Aqaba and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba