We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute hotel in Aqaba

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute hotel in Aqaba

I'll be in Jordan in late December, and after spending a couple days in Petra will go to Wadi Rum on the Saturday 29th...however if the weather isn't good in Wadi Rum I'd like to go to Aqaba instead. Would it be possible to get a last minute room in Aqaba on a Saturday night?

1. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, July 31, 2012
Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

it is to soon to talk about the weather in Rum,,,, it is do-able,, the days are short,, but the camps in the Wadi are warm.

I do find late Jan, into early Feb to be colder than Dec... a camp fire in a Bedouin tent ;-)

go for it, you will love it........

ciao

A99

Petra
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

I don't think you'll have a problem finding a hotel in Aqaba late December, although the week between Christmas and New Year is high season again here.

Patricia

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

Thanks. Just out of curiosity, is December 25th Roman Catholic Christmas or the eastern Orthodox Christmas in early January the bigger one in Jordan?

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

both are celebrated in Jordan, the 25th is the bigger, as it is a national holiday,,, although banks and gov''t offices are closed on the 25th,,, for tourist sites, business is as usual....

ciao

A99

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

ok, thanks. I arrive on the 24th and will look forward to Christmas day in Madaba and surrounding sites.

Comber, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

We were in a similar situation in May but just booked via booking.com or similar site the day before.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

please elaborate more on how your May situation is similar to a Dec.

give the original poster more input,,, more input....

I know you will hate me for this.... but details are important

ciao

A99

Comber, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

“Last minute hotel in Aqaba”

13 June 2012, 21:17

jackwnoho. Would it be possible to get a last minute room in Aqaba on a Saturday night?

Yes, please see my reply above!

North Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
184 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute hotel in Aqaba

Thanks all. Well, maybe I will look for a hotel in Aqaba with a 24 hour cancel policy so I can book now just in case, and cancel close to that day depending on weather patterns, and if I decide to camp in Wadi Rum instead of overnight in Aqaba.

But that leads me to the next question...can I find a last minute camp in Wadi Rum shoudl I decide to stay the night? I've looked into a couple camps, but they have a 7 day cancel policy which I'm not comfortable with right now not exactly knowing my itinerary.

Get answers to your questions about Aqaba