We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tala bay beach recommendations

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
tala bay beach recommendations

Hi there, hubby and i are planning a couple of days in aqaba and thought we might take a taxi over to tala bay one day. We're after a beach which offers day passes, has good snorkling & plenty of facilities (cafe, loungers etc). Saw some pics of the movenpick which looked amazing but don't know if they do day passes(?) any suggestions gratefully received!

Petra
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tala bay beach recommendations

Hi !

The only hotel with a coral reef just in front of the hotel is the 3* Coral Bay Hotel, it's a great snorkel location and it has a beach bar for drinks and snacks. The only problem I had with it is that they started playing music in the afternoon and it's pretty loud ... not very relaxing if you ask me ...

Enjoy your stay !

Patricia

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tala bay beach recommendations

Hi patricia, thanks very much for the info. Shame about the music - i think we'll play it by ear & see what we feel like on the day. I assume they have a day pass fee there?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tala bay beach recommendations

Yes they do have a day pass fee, I think you'll find more info on http://www.rdc.jo/index.php?pg=SE9NRSBQQUdF

Check with the hotel where you're staying too, they might have a beach club of their own. Unfortunately not all of them are good snorkel locations though.

Patricia

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tala bay beach recommendations

many thanks, will check it out!

London, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tala bay beach recommendations

Why don't you stay in Tala Bay instead? Most hotels offer free shuttle to Aqaba.

We stayed in Raddisson Blu and there was no snorkelling near hotel- you need to go on a boat trip or pay for access to Royal Diving Club which is at some distance.

6. Re: tala bay beach recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba