We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

Has anyone used the ferry in 2012? Is the fast ferry operating? What time is it scheduled to leave Aqaba and is it daily?

Aqaba
Level Contributor
503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

Yes, the regular fast ferry is in operation and runs every day, except Saturday. Departs 13.00h from Aqaba ferry station.

There is also a new fast boat service between Aqaba and Nuweiba, which is supposed to be more reliable and convenient for tourists than the regular ferries.

It departs from the Royal Yacht Club (Downtown Aqaba) at 18.30h daily. You can find detailed info here:

your-guide-to-aqaba-jordan.com/aqaba-ferry-t…

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

I knew Esteh would come up with the answer

visit her website

go2jordan.info

for more helpfull information

3. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, March 06, 2012
brussels
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

At the A(rab) B(ridge) M(aritime) office in Aqaba, they constantly tell people who want to take the ferry to Nuweiba that there is "no fast boat today" at 1 pm ("maybe tomorrow") and that there is "only the slow boat" at 1 am. I guess that even in high season (April 2012) there are not enough passengers to fill the speed boat and so they want everyone to go on the slow ferry, which is very inconvenient. Not that it takes that much time to cross the Red Sea (3 hours instead of 1,5), but it's always terribly delayed because of the extremely slow loading and unloading. Don't be surprised if it only sails at 9 am instead of 1 am! And yet it's almost as expensive as the speed boat.

To avoid this, buy your ticket for the brand new Babel speed boat at Meenagate, under foreign management, but very efficient and friendly. They started operating in 2011. Their office is located on the left side of the JETT bus station in Aqaba. You can also book in advance by e-mail (consult their website at www.meenagate.com for details). Daily departure guaranteed around 6.30 pm, from the Royal Yachting Club in Aqaba (so you don't need to go to the port, which is very convenient). Crossing to Nuweiba takes about 1h 30'. Passport control and boarding very fluent. Immigration through a separate terminal building in Nuweiba as well. Excellent service on board (free drink and snack, entertainment), before departure and after arrival. For only 5 USD more than the ABM ticket price (80 USD instead of 75 USD one way; return fare is cheaper), you get a real VIP treatment.

I'd like to mention 1 person in particular: stewardess Nicky, a very bubbling and helpful personality. She helped me with my luggage in Nuweiba, explained exactly where I could take Egyptian money from the ATM within the port, where I could take a taxi and how much I should pay etc. As we happened to go to the same hotel (the very friendly Habiba Village) and as she was unexpectedly being picked up by the owner (friend of hers), they gave me a free ride to the hotel (about 4 or 5 km) and, arriving there, a very warm welcome.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,717 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

I used the ferry on 27.04 when I was travelling from Sharm to Petra. Unfortunately AB does not have a license for the two fast boats they have and at this moment they are operating with the slow ferry and it takes 2.5 hours one way trip.

brussels
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

This is why the speed boat operated by Meenagate is so much more convenient, even from Nuweiba (Egypt) to Aqaba (Jordan).

winnipeg
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

My wife and I wll be in Nuweiba for a few nights and have to get to aqaba for november 24th. I would like to take the fast tourist ferry operated by meenagate. But have been unable to contact them via email. Do you think they are still operating the fast/babel ferry and would we be ok to just purchase tickets in nuweiba. Any help would be great thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

I called on the tele.Arab Bridge Maritime office in Amman which is also Menagate they advised me that there is only one service a day after midnight, from Aqaba to Nuweiba in Egypt.

cheers

Aqaba
Level Contributor
503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

Yes, unfortunately the tourist ferry is not running between Nuweba and Aqaba at the moment.

Instead, they are now sailing to the recently reopened Taba Marina. You can only buy return tickets to this boat so can't use it for one-way travel.

brussels
Level Contributor
15 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fast Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba

This is the last contact information I have:

Jolinda Cath | Product Manager

MEENAGATE, Marine Transport & Watersports

Tel: +962 (3) 201 3136 / 201 3100 | Fax: +962 (3) 201 3137 | Mob: +962 (79)5901481

Operation Contact: Aqaba +962 (79) 7017137 | Nuweiba +20 (11) 20595506

E-mail: <mailto:info@meenagate.com> info@meenagate.com|Web:

<http://www.meenagate.com>

Maybe the speed boat is not running because it's low season now...

Good luck!

Edited: 5:46 am, November 13, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba