We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

london
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

hi, looking to visit jordan in the next month,have got option of either of the stated hotels with jules verne, could someone pls advise if there's a big difference between the two and whether it is much better staying in aqaba as opposed to TB, in terms of vibe, hubub, culture, cafes etc...i.e worth foregoing the 5 star mpick in TB for the 4star Hilton in Aqaba...thank you in anticipation

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Aqaba
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

Hello,

DoubleTree is a brand new premium 4* hotel, in fact it's opening tomorrow or the day after, so amenities will be in top condition.

Mind you, new hotels often don't have all their facilities (like spa or gym) operating from day one - I'm not suggesting this is the case here, but that's how some of the other hotels worked during their soft opening.

DT is located right in the center of Aqaba sorrounded by restaurants, cafes, shops so you can enjoy all the city buzz.

It doesn't have a beach only some swimming pools.

Mövenpick Tala Bay is some 15 kms away from the city and if you plan to spend most of your time relaxing on the beach, swimming, snorkeling etc. then choose this hotel. It has great outdoor pools and water features.

On the other hand, there is not much else to do in Tala Bay and the choice of shops and restaurants is limited.

The hotel operates a shuttle bus to the city center at regular intervals. Taxi costs around 7 JD one way.

Hope these infos are helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
london
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

EsTeh, many thanks for your prompt and concise reply - much appreciated.

Would you know if it is a good idea/easy to travel to Petra, wadi rum, dead sea, and maybe amman using tour operators or hire a taxi & driver for a few days, if so, any reccomendations?

thanks again

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

Movenpick Tala Bay is lovely if you want the Resort feel. Though the action is in Aqaba city. The Intercontinental is very nice as well. The Double Tree Hotel will be a soft opening, True the hotel will be brand new and you will probably get amazing service but there will be kinks in anything Brand NEW.

Tour operator and a Private/Car service are generally more expensive but reputable qnd managed as a tourist company

Taxi is less could be a great experience or 'challenging' as there is no checks and balances, nor tourist license.

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
4. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 am, April 04, 2011
london
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

thank you folks for your kind replies, will sleep on it & probably plump for DT in Aqaba..

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
Amman Jordan
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

Double Tree by Hilton is newly built in town i just dont know if they have those yummy cookies available at the tiome of your stay....for Moevenpick, just see the reviews and it might help you decide.....

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

the yummy cookies ! ! ! ! ! .......... very interesting ,,,,

A99

Paris, France
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

We stayed last month at the Doubletree by Hilton and was very pleased and surprised. Room was very comfy and well equipped, has free WiFi, and the breakfast was excellent. Staff overall was very good. And yes we had a cookie ! Loved it. There are lots of little restaurants, bars and cafes around the area in walking distance. We had dinner at the Ali Baba just a few minutes walk away. Nothing special but enjoyable.

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

doubletree by hilton aqaba

have a very nice and friendly staff ..always make me feel like a im in my home i stay there last week and i enjoy alot..i love it

Edited: 9:20 pm, September 14, 2012
10. Re: Mövenpick Tala Bay or DoubleTree by Hilton Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba