We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing to Israel

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
20 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Crossing to Israel

Hello everybody,

A friend and I will be traveling around Syria, Lebanon and Jordan next September. On October 3rd we are going to Israel and we know we can´t cross to Israel with a Jordan driver. Could anyone tell me if it is a simple crossing and what is the best way to do it?

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Crossing to Israel

Jordan will always stamp passports, you would be wasting your time asking them not to.

Israel is getting less and less cooperative about not stamping passports, from what I have seen, something like 20pct or more passports get stamped in spite of requests for no stamp. There is no comeback at all when this happens.

Cairo
Level Contributor
272 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Crossing to Israel

We did Lebanon Syria Jordan and Israel last month. We flew into Beirut, travelled overland to Syria and then Jordan. From Jordan we crossed into Israel at the King Hussein/Allenby crossing, and returned via the same crossing and then flew out of Amman.

We had Syrain and Lebanese stamps and the Israeli border control never asked about them. We did request that our passports were not to be stamped, border control ask why and we explained that my wife works in the airline industry and flies middle eastern routes and it would difficult if she had Israeli stamps and they obliged, no stamps. We were a little concerned as we observed another couple in front of us, who asked for no stamps, and they replied that they were planning to travel to Syria, Lebanon etc and the border control asked to see documentation of the plans and they couldn't produce any and their passports got stamped.

If you have a valid reason for not having getting an Israeli stamp, there shouldn't be any problems, but just saying I hope or plan to visit Syria etc without being able to back it up with documents isn't good enough.

At the King Hussein crossing we didn't recieve Jordan exit or re entry stamps, it just shows we entered via Jaber(Syria) border and departed via Queen Ala airport Amman, even though we spent 6 days in Israel.

Tucson
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Crossing to Israel

I was in Israel in April and took a day trip to Petra.

As long as your passports are in order have a taxi or your driver let you off on the Jordanian side. (We did this from Aquaba) Walk across and be prepared to pay any taxes.

Coming from the countries you will be visiting expect a through by polite interview by your other destinations and a complete check of your belongings. Israeli security is more about the inteview: where were you, are you bringing anything anyone gave you from the other countries, why do you want to go Israel? then continue in Israel by air, bus or private auto if you are driving.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Crossing to Israel

Hi I am planning to do the same but just wnder if it will be better to do it by car or can you do it walking?, sorry never been there and I'm confused.

Also If you do not mind how long does it take from Jerusalem to Eliat?, you went by car ot there are public transports?

thanks a lot!!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,325 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Crossing to Israel

You can not drive across the border. Vehicles from one country do not enter the other. Once in Eilat you can take a flight or more reasonably priced a bus from Eilat to Jerusalem. These buses DO you require advance reservations. This can be done on the internet or by phone. If it is low season you may be able to get a walkup ticket but it is not guaranteed.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Crossing to Israel

Thanks a lot for the info, do you know the website address were I can buy the bus tickets from Eilat to Jerusalem?

If I cross to Jordam trough Aqaba can I return from King Hussein border or do I need to use the same border I used to entry the country?

thanks in advance

17. Re: Crossing to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba