We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqaba - convince me!

Edinburgh, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Aqaba - convince me!

We are spending two weeks traveling in Jordan in November this year and would like to spend 5 or so days relaxing on the Red Sea. However, looking at hotel prices in Aqaba compared to Taba or even Eilat, they seem to be up to three times more expensive!

I'm looking for someone to convince me why I should spend time in Aqaba rather than Taba or Eliat. I'd be looking for a hotel with a nice pool, nice beach, near to some nightlife (not necessarily partying until 5am, but some bars), snorkeling (if the sea is warm enough in November) and possibly Scuba (beginner level!)

Thanks in advance

1. Re: Aqaba - convince me!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:56 am, September 22, 2010
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqaba - convince me!

Well Im not sure that the prices are 3 times higher than Eilat - I found Eilat hellishly expensive when I went - even Israelis themselves complain of the high prices.

Taba is a different matter - yes agreed prices are dramatically cheaper and if all you want to do is

chill on the beach - then I have to be honest and say Taba - but remember there is absolutely nothing near Taba except other hotels - or Dahab about 1.5 hours drive away. There isnt a town centre or anything. Hotels in Taba are excellent and provide evening entertainment of folklore dancing and music most nights with plenty of recreational facilities such as volleyball, football and pool aerobics etc.

Excellent for all the family and ages.

Aqaba is more formal and provides little in the way of the above when I have visited. However they are excellent hotels and directly on the beach and if you want you can have a pleasant stroll around the town or the castle area etc. Aqaba is quaint and

is a sleepy quiet little town which I have to say is pleasant - there is some nightlife in and around but

mainly based on a certain genre. You can dive and snorkel in Aqaba but probably around the South Beach area.

If you are looking to cut costs - you must consider also the cost of getting to Taba and back to the airport where you landed if your flight is from the same place. Not cheap.

3. Re: Aqaba - convince me!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba